We all have to deal with change. It comes into your life either by choice or by circumstance. Change happens whether you want it or not. It doesn’t have to stress you out, cause you anxiety. It should be viewed as an opportunity to head towards a new and exciting destination, to push yourself to unknown limits.
There are two types of people in life. Those who embrace change and those who fear it, avoid it, fight it. People run when they are uncomfortable. Life can be uncomfortable and the only way to grow is to step out of your comfort zone. All of us have the opportunities in life to perform miracles when the unexpected is thrown at us. It’s not what happens to you that determines how successful or how happy you will be. It’s how you respond to the situation that makes all the difference. The choices, the actions, the thoughts that you allow to enter into your head, which will allow you to resist change or go with it. Just trust yourself and see how stepping out of your comfort zone can positively transform your life.
Let me offer you some tips to help you through this process:
1. Never say ‘why me’? Pity gets you nowhere. Instead, say to yourself, “this has happened and what can I do to turn this around?”
2. Find the laughter in this situation and enjoy yourself as much as you can in this process.
3. Keep focusing on the benefits of achieving that change. Reframe your mindset and keep it positive at all times.
4. Keep reminding yourself why you are wanting this change, why it’s happening to you.
5. Imagine in graphic detail what you need to do to embrace this change. The more you rehearse this in your mind, the easier it will become.
6. Change your language. Instead of saying ‘Yes but” say ‘Yes and”.
And then smile! You will have learnt something new, something that you had, beforehand, thought impossible.